New York Disorderly Conduct Desk Appearance Ticket Lawyer

Penal Law 240.20

Charges of disorderly conduct often involve a person's intent to cause a public inconvenience, or by fighting or blocking traffic. This is one of the most commonly charged offenses in New York City as it is generally used as a catch-all charge by the police. Although it is only a criminal violation, conviction goes on your record and could be viewed by others.

You can be ticketed and charged with disorderly conduct if:

  • You engaged in fighting or any behaviors that could be described as violent, tumultuous, or threatening
  • You are the cause of unreasonable noise
  • You used abusive and / or obscene language in public
  • You made an obscene gesture in public
  • You obstructed vehicular and / or pedestrian traffic
  • You created a condition that could be described as hazardous and / or physically destructive
  • You disturbed a lawful assuming or meeting without authority to do so
  • You congregated with others in public and then refused to comply with lawful orders to disperse

If you are convicted of any of the above disorderly conduct charges, you could spend up to 15 days in jail and have the conviction go on your record.

How we can help.

The New York Police Department has been known to cite people for disorderly conduct violations for a number of small transgressions, including some as minor as arguing with a cop, speeding, being drunk in public, or double parking. If you were issued a summons for disorderly conduct, then you should immediately speak to a New York desk appearance ticket defense attorney at The Law Office of Lance Fletcher PLLC.

Attorney Fletcher can review your case and explore ways to get it dismissed. If the police officer exaggerated, misrepresented what really happened, or charged you with the wrong thing, this could lead to a dismissal of your case.

To speak with a New York disorderly conduct desk appearance ticket attorney, contact The Law Office of Lance Fletcher PLLC to schedule a consultation.

Request Your Consultation

Please enter the captcha above:
Contact Our Firm